About The 5 Days of Classroom with Independent Study Program
What you will recEIve:
This is a two phase program. The first phase begins with the Independent Study utilizing:
- A copyrighted Textbook - 34 Chapters with a Cross Reference Index between your textbook, the 19CFR and the HTS
- A Companion Workbook - hundreds of previous exam questions with detailed analysis
- A References Book - additional references and directives required by CBP
- Audio MP3's - highlights of each chapter in the textbook
- A Class Notes Book - given out on the first day of the five day program
The LTS Textbook, Workbook, References Book and Class Notes Book can be taken into the exam!
After you register you will be issued a password into a special section of our web site called:The Students Corner. There you will find:
- Any Needed Updates - to your textbooks, which occur due to changes in the HTS, 19CFR, or CBP requirements.
- An Interactive Online Textbook Sample
- Reading and Study Instructions - how to coordinate the HTS and 19CFR with your textbook and workbook
- Tabulating System for your 19CFR & HTS - a "how to" Tab file!
- A Time Frames Chart
- Fines and Penalties Chart
- Special Programs Summary Chart
- Metric Conversion Chart
- Chapter Cross Reference
- Security Filing Data Requirements
- The MPF and Preferential Trade Programs Chart
- Textiles and Footwear Classification Document
- Quick Memory Summaries of each chapter in the Textbook
- Interactive After Chapter Quizzes See a sample quiz now!
- Answers and Analysis for the Previous Test Questions in your Workbook
- Answers and Analysis for the Classification Questions in the Workbook
- Video Lectures on Valuation, Classification and Special Programs available 24/7
- Online mid-term - to gage how well you understood the first half of the program.
- A final exam will be given at the end of the five day program in Orlando.
- Instructions on how to take the test and time management!
- How to complete the new online Application for the Exam
- Previous Customs Brokers Exams - every test since 2005!
- Answers and Analysis for these Previous Exams
- A Video on Quick Tips for the Day of the Test
- A Bulletin Board
**Fast Facts to take with you into the exam:
There are three phases to this Program:
The first phase of this program will start with reading the textbook and doing your online quizzes. The second phase will be completed in Orlando with five days of classroom instruction and review. The final course exam and a Certificate of Completion, suitable for framing, will be presented to each student at the end of the Five Days of Instruction. In the third phase of your program you will continue your studies with the 800+ Previous Test Questions, the section of Classification Questions in your Workbook, and several of the Previous Exams that are online in your Students Corner. This will both refine and reinforce what you have learned during the classroom program. To serve as a further refresher of your classroom program a full set of videos will be added to your Students Corner covering the five days of classroom material.
The date for this class will be September 4-8, 2017. The last day to register for this class will be August 4, 2017 and the last day with the online instructor will be September 1, 2017.
Remember This Date and Location:
5767 T.G. Lee Blvd., Orlando, Florida, 32822, USA
Students will need to have their own copy of the 19CFR and the Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the US. These can be purchased here.
Tax Deduction of Expenses: An income tax deduction is allowed for expenses of education (including registration fees, travel, meals and lodging) undertaken to maintain and improve professional skills. Please check with your Tax Accountant to see if you qualify.