About The Independent Study with Virtual Classes Program
What you will recEIve:
This is a two phase program. The first phase begins with the Independent Study utilizing:
- A copyrighted Textbook - 34 Chapters with a Cross Reference Index between your textbook, the 19CFR and the HTS
- A Companion Workbook - hundreds of previous exam and classification questions with detailed analysis online
- A References Book - additional references and directives required by CBP
- Audio MP3's - highlights of each chapter in the textbook
- A Class Notes Book - given out on the first day of the five day program
The LTS Textbook, Workbook, References Book and Class Notes Book can be taken into the exam!
After you register you will be issued a password into a special section of our web site called:The Students Corner. There you will find:
- Any Needed Updates - to your textbooks, which occur due to changes in the law or CBP requirements.
- An Interactive Online Textbook Sample
- Quick Chapter Reviews - for each chapter
- Chapter Quizzes - for each chapter
- Reading and Study Instructions - how to coordinate the HTS and 19CFR with your textbook and workbook
- Tabulating System for your 19CFR & HTS - a "how to" Tab file!
- A Time Frames Chart
- Fines and Penalties Chart
- Special Programs Summary Chart
- Metric Conversion Chart
- Chapter Cross Reference
- Security Filing Data Requirements
- The MPF and Preferential Trade Programs Chart
- Textiles and Footwear Classification Document
- Quick Memory Summaries of each chapter in the Textbook
- Interactive After Chapter Quizzes See a sample quiz now!
- Answers and Analysis for the Previous Test Questions in your Workbook
- Answers and Analysis for the Classification Questions in the Workbook
- Video Lectures on Valuation, Classification and Special Programs available 24/7
- Online mid-term - to gage how well you understood the first half of the program.
- A final exam will be given at the end of the five day program in Orlando.
- Instructions on how to take the test and time management!
- How to complete the new online Application for the Exam
- Previous Customs Brokers Exams - every test since 2005!
- Answers and Analysis for these Previous Exams
- A Video on Quick Tips for the Day of the Test
- A Bulletin Board
**Fast Facts to take with you into the exam:
There are three phases to this Program:
The first phase of this program will start with reading the textbook and doing your online quizzes and After Chapter Reviews.
The second phase will be completed in Virtual Classes instruction and review. The final course exam and a Certificate of Completion, suitable for framing, will be presented to each student at the end of the Virtual Instruction.
The third phase of your program you will continue your studies with the 800+ Previous Test Questions, the section of Classification Questions in your Workbook, and several of the Previous Exams that are online in your Students Corner. This will both refine and reinforce what you have learned during the classroom program. To serve as a further refresher of your classroom program a set of videos will be added to your Students Corner which cover all of the textbook material.
Students will need to have their own copy of the 19CFR and the Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the US. These can be purchased here, or join the Bundled Independent Study Program which includes these required references at a Discount.
Textbooks and Passwords for the October 8th Exam will not be sent out until March 23, 2020.
Students will need to have their own copy of the 19CFR and the Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the US. These can be purchased here.
The dates for this virtual classes will be August 22nd to September 27th. The last day to register for this class will be TBD or until the quota is filled.
Remember These Dates:
Class Notes will be sent out to each student before each lecture. This will include the homework for each session, and a final exam will be available online. After this, a Video Review will be placed online right before the exam.
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:|
|August 22||3:00 PM||6:00 PM|
|September 5||3:00 PM||6:00 PM|
|September 6||3:00 PM||6:00 PM|
|September 12||3:00 PM||6:00 PM|
|September 13||3:00 PM||6:00 PM|
|September 19||3:00 PM||6:00 PM|
|September 20||3:00 PM||6:00 PM|
|September 26||3:00 PM||6:00 PM|
|September 27||3:00 PM||6:00 PM|
Classes are based on Eastern Standard Time (EST) UTC/GMT -4 hours.
We have also provided a calendar in .ics format to download and set you're calendar dates. Click Here to Download.