About The Distance Learning with 5 Days of Classroom Program
You will have your own personal online instructor assigned to you as soon as you register.
What you will Receive:
This is a two phase program. The first phase begins with you utilizing:
- A copyrighted Textbook - 34 Chapters with a Cross Reference Index between your textbook, the 19CFR and the HTS
- A Companion Workbook - hundreds of previous exam questions with a detailed analysis
- A References Book - additional references and directives required by CBP
- Audio MP3's - highlights of each chapter
- A Class Notes Book - given out on the first day of class
The LTS Textbook, Workbook, References Book and Class Notes Book can be taken into the exam!
After you register you will be issued a password into a special section of our web site called:The Students Corner. There you will find:
- Any Needed Updates - to changes in the HTS, 19CFR, or CBP requirements
- An Interactive Online Textbook - Chapter Sample
- Reading and Study Instructions - how to coordinate the HTS and 19CFR with your textbook and workbook
- Answers and Analysis for the Previous Test Questions in your Workbook
- Answers and Analysis for the Classification Questions in the Workbook
- A Tabulating System for your 19CFR and HTS - making things quick and easy for you to find during the test
- A Time Frames Chart
- Fines and Penalties Chart
- Special Programs Summary Chart
- Metric Conversion Chart
- Chapter Cross Reference
- Security Filing Data Requirements
- The MPF and Preferential Trade Programs Chart
- Textiles and Footwear Classification Document
- Quick Memory Summaries of each chapter in the Textbook
- Interactive After Chapter Quizzes See a sample quiz now! Corrected by your Personal Instructor!
- Video Lectures on Valuation, Classification and Special Programs available 24/7
- Online mid-term - to gage how well you understood the first half of the program.
- A final exam will be given at the end of the five day program in Orlando.
- Instructions on how to take the test and time management!
- How to complete the new online Application for the Exam
- Previous Customs Brokers Exams - every test since 2005!
- Answers and Analysis for these Previous Exams
- A Video on Quick Tips for the Day of the Test
- A Bulletin Board
**Fast Facts to take with you into the exam:
There are three phases to this program:
The Distance Learning is the first phase of this program. Your time with your online instructor will be completed by September 1, 2017. The second phase will be completed in Orlando with five days of classroom instruction and review. In the third phase of your program, to both refine and reinforce what you have learned during the classroom program, you will continue your studies with the 800+ Previous Test Questions, the section of Classification Questions in your Workbook, and several of the Previous Exams that are online in your Students Corner. To serve as a further refresher of your classroom program, right before the exam, a full set of videos will be added to your Students Corner covering the five days of classroom material.
The date for this class will be September 4-8, 2017. The last day to register for this class will be August 4, 2017 and the last day with the online instructor will be September 1, 2017.
The final course exam and a Certificate of Completion, suitable for framing, will be presented to each student at the end of the Five Days of Instruction.
Remember This Date and Location:
5767 T.G. Lee Blvd., Orlando, Florida, 32822, USA
THE SCHEDULE FOR THE FIVE DAY CLASSROOM PHASE:
Students will need to have their own copy of the 19CFR and the Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the US. These can be purchased here.
Tax Deduction of Expenses: An income tax deduction is allowed for expenses of education (including registration fees, travel, meals and lodging) undertaken to maintain and improve professional skills. Please check with your Tax Accountant to see if you qualify.